Yup. I told ya'all about the emerald ring, and the yarn that coordinates perfectly. Well, what I didn't tell you is that when Jim bought me that emerald ring, he also put a deposit on an engagement ring. And when he gave me the emerald on Christmas Eve (which by itself surprised me), he also told me that there was another ring for me! I was totally stunned--not that he wanted to marry me, because we had talked about it and we knew that's where we were headed. (We've been together for, like, seven years now.) I was stunned because I wasn't expecting to become officially engaged anytime soon, and I had no idea that he had apparently been planning this for months now.
And you want to hear something really sweet? He brought his son with him to help him pick out the ring!!!
OK, and now my reasons for not blogging about this. (The reasons are cumulative, so please bear with me...)
- First of all, the week after Christmas there was like nobody in the office, so there really wasn't anyone to tell until after January 1st. (Very anticlimactic, don't you think?)
- I had the week after New Years off, so everyone would be back but I was be out.
- We went to visit the ring on January 3rd, and we changed the stone a little and needed to have it sized. We couldn't get it done that same day, and the next time I'd be able to get up there (he bought the ring in Manchester, Vermont, and, of course, I live on Long Island) wouldn't be until this past weekend. I really wanted to be able to tell people we were engaged once I had the ring.
- Most importantly, I wanted to tell my staff before I told anyone else in the office. I didn't want them hearing it from someone else, and I was afraid they might think that I would be leaving (Jim lives in VT; I live on LI), and that is so not the case.
- And finally, there are some people in my office who read my blog, so clearly I couldn't blog about it before talking to my guys.
So, we picked up the ring on Monday, yesterday I told my staff, and now it's public knowledge. So now I can blog away!
Pictures? Did you say you wanted to see pictures? Well, here ya go!brushed alpaca. I picked up 6 balls of this stuff (marked down) on Saturday at The Yarn Shop in Uxbridge, Massachusetts. I thought it would look nice with the ring. (Anybody got any suggestions for what I should do with this yarn?)
And here's a few final pictures...
So there you have it! I would have blogged about this sooner, but work got in the way. (We're still working on the book-that-shall-remain-nameless.)
There will be more knitting content in my next entry, I promise. I've got to start training for the Olympics, you know.