Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Crispy Treats

One of my favorite snacks are crispy treats. Lately you can find them in places like Starbucks, and even Kelloggs makes packaged ones. Unfortunately, for the most part they're just not that fresh. (And the Kelloggs ones are just taste like they've got chemicals in them--eeeeee-yuck!) My favorite soup place has been selling them and they're pretty good. Recently they started selling chocolate ones. I figured they were being made with Cocoa Krispies, but when I looked on the ingredient label I discovered that they were using dutch processed cocoa with the regular crispies. So I thought they might be pretty good, so I tried them.

Oh. My. God! They were soooooo good. So much better than the Cocoa Krispies ones.

But it got me to thinking--I should try making these myself. So I poked around the internet looking for recipes, did a little tweaking, and came up with these.


So fresh, so chocolately, sooooooo yummy! And so easy to make!

Cocoa Crispy Treats

1/4 cup butter
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 10.5 oz bag of miniature marshmallows
4 tbsp cocoa powder
5 cups crispy rice cereal

Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add vanilla extract and cocoa powder and mix well. Add marshmallows and stir constantly until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add crisp rice cereal and stir until well coated.

Line a 13" x 9" pan with parchment paper. (If you don't have parchment paper, be sure to grease pan.) Using a buttered spatula or the back of a large spoon, press mixture into the pan. Cut into squares when completely cool. Will make between 24 to 36 squares, depending on size of squares.



Mmmmmmmmm...

No comments: