Thursday, July 09, 2009

Tour de Fleece update

It took me a few days to actually grab the camera (I'm so bad), but here are some pix of my progress on the wheel side of Tour de Fleece.

I started out with this on Saturday...


And as of today I have this...

Not quite four ounces, but close. Still a bit over spun, but not too bad. And the best part--by spinning every day I'm getting more and more comfortable with the wheel! Better control, more confidence, and definitely sucking a little less every day!

I am getting a little bored with the white though. Once I get done with my bankruptcy class I'm going to dye a couple of batches for practicing--both wheel spinning and fiber dyeing.

Unfortunately I can't take the wheel with me this weekend. I've got a Rev War reenactment, and my lovely wheel is just not period appropriate. However, my Bossies will be right at home, so the spinning will continue!

1 comment:

Joanne a/k/a Punkin said...

Looks like you're getting hooked! :)