Sunday, April 06, 2008

I'm a geek because...

...I brought--and used--my GPS on the train. But you know what really makes me a geek? Monitoring the following stats while on the train:

Overall avg. speed: 61.5
Moving avg. speed: 64.7
Maximum speed: 110 (holy crap!)
Total time: 2 hrs 6 mins.
Moving time: 2 hrs
Stopped time: 6 mins. 30 secs.

Also, I didn't spend a lot of time checking the elevation because most of the trip was right along the water's edge, but it was generally under 50 feet.

Is that geeky enough for you?

---------------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez, at first I though you were on a LIRR train...then I saw the earlier post! One can wish, though!

Anonymous said...

Next time you venture up to Albany let me know! I hope you had a good trip! :o)

Joanne a/k/a Punkin said...

wow, they go 110 mph? I took the train to Niagra Falls once, it was great! Cheap, too. 110 dollars.

Yeah, that's geeky.