Tuesday, September 19, 2006

If it's Tuesday, this must be Albany

Greetings from the capital of the Empire State! I've finally finished (for now) the work I had to get done over the last few days, and now I'm free to blog in the evenings. You see, on this vacation the days are way too busy for daytime blogging. This vacation involves lots of stops at lots of historic places, all following the trail of the continental army. Besides, the bus doesn't have wi-fi.

Where have I been so far? I'm glad you asked...


Saturday was spent in Lexington, Concord, and touring Boston.

Sunday we traveled through New Hampshire to a French and Indian War fort, and then on to a lovely inn in Vermont.

Monday morning was spent on a boat ride on Lake Champlain.

Jim's sock enjoyed the boat ride very much.

From there we went on to Fort Ticonderoga, where I continued to work on his sock--and be mistaken for a Ticonderoga employee.

Tuesday we started the day at the Hubbardton Battlefield, site of the only Revolutionary Battle held on Vermont soil (the Battle of Bennington actually occurred in New York).

After that we visited the Saratoga Battlefield and then traveled on to our hotel in Albany. Along the way, I finally finished Jim's socks!

This afternoon I worked on the first Thuja sock. However, I think the colors are pooling a little on the wonky side. Here are front and back views of the sock:

This is Art Yarns Supermerino, being knit on Size 5's. I'm not sure why this is happening, but I'm going to keep going and see what happens.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ok, now I could use some advice. I'm about 80% positive that I'm going to Rhinebeck this year. And I'm intrigued by the prospect of playing Rhinebeck Blogger Bingo. But the shy side of me is hesitant. Should I play? Should I be a square? Should I do both???

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well, all this traveling has me totally exhausted. Time to go to bed. Tomorrow we hit the road for... Philadelphia.

No comments: