My excuses for being such a slug:
- Work--In addition to the heavy workload, now there's the reorg transition stuff.
- The new house--We haven't closed yet, but now we're having mortgage issues. Getting one's no problem. It's the construction stuff and the long term payments that are my issue.
- The above two things are just sucking my energy.
That's it. I'm working on them. And now I'm gonna work on this blog...
played hooky took today off to see a mortgage person (this morning) and spend the rest of the day with my nieces. They're down here visiting for a few days. Right now they're out shopping with their mother. So in order to get back into the bloggy swing, here's what's happening on the knitting/blogging front:
- The most important thing I need to tell you first is that I got to meet JessaLu! Two Sunday's ago I was passing through her neck of the woods and we (me, Jess, RR, and Dobby) were able to meet up for dinner at a diner off the highway. We had a really nice time, and RR did that sneaky pick-up-the-check thing that I usually do. (Next time, I gotta position myself so I can grab it). Here's Jess's blog entry.
- Jim's arm sock... is done! Here's my honey sleeping on the couch.
- Next unfinished WIP to be tackled--Jim's Civil War reenacting socks (sock #2).
- Next new project--Claudia Handpainted socks in Chocolate Cherry. Here's the cuff and the first baby cable repeat leg. I love the yarn, but this stuff on the Addis is really slippery. I've accidently dropped stitches a couple of times already and found it tough to fix. Once I'm into the leg it's going to be even more difficult to fix things. Must be very careful with this puppy.
- More Vesper sock yarn snatched up on Etsy.com [picture to come].