Saturday, April 08, 2006

Saturday's Stash Enhancement

Look what followed me back to the hotel from Webs...


Half price sock yarn! Colors 5747, 5746, and 5745.

Also, some Cascade (on sale!) for a dog sweater:

Color: 9456

I really shouldn't have bought anything other than the Cascade, but I just couldn't pass up the sock yarn. I mean, $6 a ball? What would you have done??? I told Jim that at least I'll be able to knit lots of socks for us to wear in the new house this winter. (We need new windows. The house inspector kept saying "40% heat loss" as he walked from room to room. I'm afraid that's going to haunt me all winter long!)

Oh well, it's late, and I've got a big day ahead of me tomorrow. My Civil War reenacting unit is having their annual meeting in Chatham, New York in the morning, then maybe a quick stop at Countywool (I really want some Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Ruby River), and then I'm going to get to meet Jessica! It's too bad Carole's busy this weekend. It would have been fun for the three of us to get together. (Carole had her first event this weekend. I hope she stayed warm in the tent!)

Oh, and of course, since I finished a project, I just had to cast on for another one...

Yeah, I know, I've got other WIPs that need some attention.
But it's red... and it's a sock!

2 comments:

Carole Knits said...

Rain, rain, go away . . . I'm still singing that but it didn't work at all. Oh well.
Have a blast with Jess - you two together could be quite dangerous.

MsFortuknit said...

what a lovely red!