Thursday, August 21, 2008

An interview

I've seen this on a few blogs, and thought it might be fun to interview Jim.

Yeah. Fun...

Me: What is your favorite thing about my knitting?

Jim: It doesn't involve me [laughs].

Me: Nice, dear.

Jim: [more laughter] I don't have to do anything for it. Oh no, I'm joking. Ask me the question again.

Me: What is your favorite thing about my knitting?

Jim: I get free warm stuff.

Me: [laugh] That's a good answer.

Jim: And Vermont is a very cold place.

Me: Yes, it's getting colder by the day

Jim: [laughs]

Me: OK, next question. What is your least favorite thing about my knitting?

Jim: My least favorite thing... um... having to hold up various articles your knitting so that you can take a picture of them in some ungodly place, so everyone can look at the poor man holding up half knitted item of some sort.

Me: That's not a good answer.

Jim: Maybe not, but it's truthful. That's the thing I hate the most about your knitting--"hold the sock next to the sheep"; "now hold the sock next to the cannon." I'm really quite shy.

Me: But you dress in britches and a waistcoat and perform in front of people. How can you be shy???

Jim: I'm really very shy.

Me: Alright. What is something I have knitted that you recall as being good?

Jim: Hmmm... my liberty cap! Unite or die!!! It's a feisty cap, and it works pretty well at these programs.

Me: You've used it?

Jim: A couple of times now.

Me: Really?

Jim: Yes, it gets a chuckle.

Me: Do you think knitters have an expensive hobby?

Jim: Yeah... yeah, i think it's just as expensive as any other hobby. I don't think it's more expensive, but I don't think it's frivolous either.

Me: That was a good answer. OK, I think you've already answered the next one: have I ever embarrassed you, knitting in public.

Jim: See above. [laughing] Your knitting doesn't bother me, but the holding stuff does.

Me: Do you have any hobbies?

Jim: No, I merely have avocations that cost far more than a hobby.

Me: Do you know my favorite kind of yarn is?

Jim: I think it's Malabrigo.

Me: Ooooooo! Yeah!!!

Jim: What did you think--that I was stupid.

Me: [groan] Well, that just killed a good answer.

Jim: I'm not totally yarn impaired.

Me: Can you name another blog?

Jim: Another blog? Uh, yeah, let's see... there was Captain Blog,

Me: No, that's not what I meant.

Jim: Or maybe Captain Bly. Mutineers all ended up on Pitcairn island,

Me: Oh, god... Next question--Do you mind my wanting to stop at yarn shops wherever we go?

Jim: Uh, only when it cuts into my going to a museum, [laughs] especially if there's not enough room in the car for me to comfortably nap.

Me: Next question--do you understand the importance of a swatch?

Jim: A swatch?

Me: Yeah.

Jim: I think if you like get one in your eye it could be a problem, but I really don't know what a swatch is, no.

Me: Do you read my blog?

Jim: I have read your blog, once in a great while.

Me: Like when I force you too?

Jim: But I haven't read it much 'cause I find it best to avoid personal embarrassment. Too many pictures of me holding up knitted items in embarrassing places.

Me: Yeah. I don't think you should read this blog entry. OK. Have you ever left a comment on my blog?

Jim: No, only with the blogger. I have no shortage of comments... but I have left comments on the blog, I think... yes... oops.

Me: Do you the house would be cleaner if I didn't knit?

Jim: No. Nope. I don't think that it has any effect on that.

Me: OK. I think that's enough.

Jim: Oh, is that it?

Me: Yeah.

Jim: Too bad. I think I was starting to get into it. Well, you're all knotted up in your hobby.

Me: Really. That's enough. Thanks, dear.
Yup, and he's allllllllll mine...

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

Hey Jim, I love ya man. Even if you didn't name my blog. Ahem.