- Wireless remote control. And I thought that the cable box with the big long cord was a miracle. Now you can sit on your arse and operating a plethora of things!
- The Berlin Wall came down. I never thought that would happen in my lifetime.
- Digital cameras. I love not having to spends tons and tons of money on film developing, not to mention instantly being able to see my pictures!
- E-mail. Instant communication whether some one is on the other side of town or the far side of the world.
- Cell phones. The ability to talk to anyone anywhere. Unfortunately, these have also become the most annoying things in the world when used by the inconsiderate masses in public places.
- The Internet. I had no clue about this back in high school, and could never imagine all that it offers.
- Reality TV. Survivor, The Bachelor, Flavor of Love, The Surreal World... Andy Warhol was way off about the 15 minute thing.
- Digital music. Who would have thought you could carry around thousands of songs on something smaller than a deck of cards?
- GPS. My little occasionally misguided navigation buddy.
- E-Z Pass and MetroCard. Who would have thought that tokens would have gone away. And open road tolling? I still can't believe that exists.
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
10 Ways the World Has Changed Since I've Been in School
We'll define "school" as high school for our purposes here...