Tuesday, June 03, 2008

10 Ways the World Has Changed Since I've Been in School

We'll define "school" as high school for our purposes here...
  1. Wireless remote control. And I thought that the cable box with the big long cord was a miracle. Now you can sit on your arse and operating a plethora of things!
  2. The Berlin Wall came down. I never thought that would happen in my lifetime.
  3. Digital cameras. I love not having to spends tons and tons of money on film developing, not to mention instantly being able to see my pictures!
  4. E-mail. Instant communication whether some one is on the other side of town or the far side of the world.
  5. Cell phones. The ability to talk to anyone anywhere. Unfortunately, these have also become the most annoying things in the world when used by the inconsiderate masses in public places.
  6. The Internet. I had no clue about this back in high school, and could never imagine all that it offers.
  7. Reality TV. Survivor, The Bachelor, Flavor of Love, The Surreal World... Andy Warhol was way off about the 15 minute thing.
  8. Digital music. Who would have thought you could carry around thousands of songs on something smaller than a deck of cards?
  9. GPS. My little occasionally misguided navigation buddy.
  10. E-Z Pass and MetroCard. Who would have thought that tokens would have gone away. And open road tolling? I still can't believe that exists.

1 comment:

Joanne a/k/a Punkin said...

Almost all of these are technology related, that's cheating!