Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Feast and famine

Well, I lucked out this past weekend. The rains stopped and the weather was beautiful. However it was a weekend of feast and famine--opposites and contrasts...

Feast... of beautiful weather,


a gorgeous setting,
and a nice little living history event.




And there was even knitting! Before the weekend I finished the first of the Claudia Handpaint socks, and over the weekend I wound another ball to start the second sock and resized/refinished the first of Jim's soldier socks.

Famine--

  • Not a single freakin' knitting picture! No proof of the progress I made. I'll remedy that this week.
  • Sleep--Despite the nice camping weather, I had trouble sleeping Friday and especially Saturday night, due to the... feast that the skeeters were having on me! Some 40+ bites. Primarily on my forearms and backs of my thighs, but the bites were on my calves, neck, face, back, hips, and even one on my ass. And I used bug spray with DEET--lots of it! What the #$%^@ ????????
  • Thankfully, there are not pictures of these bites.
For now, I'll leave you with a recent picture of my knitting/sewing/spinning/fiber sanctuary. It's no longer a carpentry work room and definitely has potential, as well as some nice late afternoon sun.

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

Those photos make me feel nostalgic. I remember what a blast we had last year!