Wednesday, December 05, 2007

My baby's got new shoes



The Blue Bean is sporting new shoes this morning. Four brandy new Goodyear TripleTreds. And in the 2 miles from the tire shop to the train station this morning I felt the difference. Seriously. Much better than the worn Geolanders that she came with. Just look at the tread on this puppy.


Now I'm ready for just about anything that Mother Nature wants to throw at me--precipitation wise that is. Except maybe for hail. Nobody's ready for hail. Doesn't she look happy?



And... while she was getting her new shoes, I finished up a sock!



Isn't she purty? That's sock #1 of my Scrolls socks from More Sensational Knitted Socks. Hand painted by moi in Charlotte's sock dyeing class at Webs back in May.

My first lace pattern. Lots of tinking went on with this one. Lots of lifelines added. However, as I approached the toe the amount of tinking diminished, so I'm hopeful that sock #2 will take less than seven month. (Second socks usually go faster for me in general, so cross your fingers!)

1 comment:

Joanne a/k/a Punkin said...

Why not photograph the new sock on the new blockers? In the snow. On the tires.

It's nice! I like that it didn't pool.