Some ramblings about life, knitting, and spinning, although not necessarily in that order...
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
A blog posting...
I think I neglected to mention to everyone that I've launched a new website for the dye business...
MooseManorHandPaints.com is now live! On the site you'll find not only information about colorways and where you can buy my products, but in the middle of all this is a Moose Manor blog! There you'll get to see what inspires me and my colorways, as well as information about shop updates, fiber festivals, and new yarn/fiber bases and other products.
Now, I'm not about to give us this little old blog, but I really wanted a place to focus on my dyeing. And this blog will still include dyeing, but it will still be the place for most of my personal stuff--and lots of pictures of the unbearably cute Miss Lily!
So there's a new post over on the Moose Manor site today--complete with a little yarn p0rn. Why don't you check it out? Don't worry, we'll still be here when you're done... :-)
Friday, November 11, 2011
Eye Candy Friday--On the edge of winter
Tuesday, November 08, 2011
10 Things You Do To Care For Yourself When You Have a Cold
When I come down with a cold, I try to do everything possible to comfort and baby myself--except maybe staying home from work. (I'm so bad about that!) Here are those things I do to either recuperate faster or comfort myself:
- Eat breakfast foods--"Regular" food just isn't appetizing when you're wheezing and sneezing and what not. Toast, cereal, and the like are they only things I want.
- Tea--Always, always, a hot cup of tea. Can't stomach coffee when I'm sick.
- Eucalyptus scented anything--Perfect for opening up the sinuses.
- Lotion tissues--A must to keep from looking like Rudolph after a couple of hours.
- Sleep--Gotta support the body in it's efforts to heal itself.
- Vicks Vaporub--Again, need to breathe!
- Orange juice--I would probably be better off if I drank this year round, but I'll take that Vitamin C dose when I'm sick.
- Soup--Easy nutrition and that sinus-opening steam!
- Lip balm--For me, at least, chapped lips goes along with all the other cold symptoms.
- Halls Cough Drops (preferably in Cherry flavor)--Again, need to open up the sinuses, and that
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Quick update on Vermont flooding
Just wanted to let everyone know that my house in Jacksonville, Vermont, was unaffected by the catastrophic flooding that occurred this past weekend. However, we were very, very lucky. Wilmington, the next closest town, was devastated. Many roads and bridges in the area were compromised, if not washed away. So many mind-numbing images online of the destruction. So overwhelming...
So until I can do a more extensive post, here's information about how you can help the people of Vermont.
Take care and be safe, everyone!
Friday, August 26, 2011
Eye Candy Friday -- The Impending Storm Edition
The approaching ominous clouds over Jones Beach Theater, right before the scheduled start of last week's Jimmy Buffett concert...
Who'd a thought that a week later we'd be getting ready for significant hurricane! I've got the day off to day, so we'll be battening down the hatches at Chez Elizzabetty. If you're in the path of Irene (and that's one might big path she has), please stay safe!
Friday, August 12, 2011
Eye Came Friday--The Calming Version
Friday, August 05, 2011
Eye Candy Friday--The "where the hell have you been" edition
Yeah, I know. Long time, WTF? There's been a lot going on, and I'll get into it all eventually. But for now, how about some
"fruits" of my labor...
Labels: yarn dyeing Vermont
Friday, February 04, 2011
Eye Candy Friday
I just loves Eye Candy Friday. Especially when there is so much unbearable cuteness to share...