Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A UFO Sighting

A rare sighting around here. A UFO--that's Unexpected Finished Object! (I bet you thought that I never finish knitting anything, didn't you.)



The Fetchings! They are all done!!!

Details

Yarn: Valley Yarns Sheffield in colorway 23 (Chianti) -- less than 1 ball
Pattern:
Fetching from Knitty, Summer 2006
Needles:
KnitPicks Options, US Size 6, length 40” (Magic Loop)
Started: November 1, 2007
Finished: November 20, 2007

I wanted to weigh the leftover yarn to see how much I used, but the scales here don't go down that low. My food scale in Vermont does, so I'll update this post with that information later.

The only modifications I made to the pattern were one less row in the first cable repeat (an accident that I repeated with the second mitt), and I did a straight bind off instead of the picot bind off. I wanted a little snugger fit over my knuckles.

The only thing that I wish I had done differently would be to make the body of the mitts a little longer. But this is a minor complaint, and overall I'm very happy with them.

Next--I'd like to make some Dashings for Jim. Need some superwash wool for him. Guess I'll have to stop at Webs tomorrow. Hmmm...

No comments: