Sunday, October 16, 2005

Survey says...

Quizzes. I love them, and I'm amazed by the number of neat quizzes I've come across in blogs. Every now and then I disagree with the results, but most of them are amazingly on target. How do they do that???

Anyway, here's one I ran across on curlsandpurlsNYC.

You Belong in Rome

You're a big city girl with a small town heart
Which is why you're
attracted to the romance of Rome
Strolling down picture perfect streets,
cappuccino in hand

And gorgeous Italian men - could life get any better?
What City Do You Belong in? Take This Quiz :-)


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And now for some knitting content. (It is a knitting blog, after all.) It's gift knitting, but since the recipients don't know about my blog (yet), it's relatively safe to discuss them. (I'll tell them after the holidays.)

On Saturday I stopped at Seaport Yarn on my way into work to pick up the yarn for Christmas Gift #4, codename "Pink Cable" (Lamb's Pride Bulky in RPM Pink). It's "sister" project, Christmas Gift #2, codename "Amethyst Cable" (same yarn in Amethyst) is well on it's way to being done. The colors look great next to each other. Pink Cable is a size smaller than Amethyst Cable, so it should go fairly quickly.

Progress is also being made on Christmas Gift #3 (codename "Bluefoot"). It's the ribbed sock from Knit Socks. I picked up a second set of needles so that I could start the second sock and knit them simultaneously. Hopefully I'll start that on the train tomorrow morning if I don't snooze.

For the time being, I'm putting some of the other projects that I'm knitting for myself on hold. I think once I've finished the "sister" projects I can safely go back to them, but I don't want to wind up frantically knitting just days before Christmas so for now I'll try to be disciplined.

Oh well, that's it for now. Can't wait to hear about how Rhinebeck was. Hopefully next year I'll be Rhinebeck bound...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"On SATURDAY I stopped at Seaport Yarn ON MY WAY INTO WORK ...."

That's just wrong. Can you imagine how much more holiday knitting we could get done if our crunch time at the office didn't extend into these autumn months?

I do love that pink and amethyst together.