Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Extreme Knitting

I never thought that I'd have the opportunity for an extreme knitting entry, but today was my lucky day!

That is a picture of me at the dentist's office, knitting a ribbed sock while getting a root canal. Seriously. A root canal. I didn't start out the procedure knitting, but I think I was about half way through when I thought to myself, "well, this root canal seems to be going pretty well... I wonder if I could make a little progress on that sock." And so, they handed me my project bag and, well, the proof is in the photo! Not the fastest knitting I ever did, but hey--progress is progress! I'm sure they thought I was nuts when I asked them to take a picture, but they humored me just the same.

And as you can see, we both came through the procedure just fine. Many thanks to Dr. DiBernardo and Colleen of ProtoDental!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh now, that's extreme knitting! extremely PAINFUL knitting!

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS!

Elizzabetty said...

Gee, Carole, I have to say, it really wasn't painful at all. I had a small twinge towards the end of the whole thing, but the Novocain needle hurt more than the that, and even that wasn't that bad!