Friday, September 16, 2005

My knitting studio

My first post and I've got comments already! I love you guys!!! Of course, now the challenge is to continue posting and adding stuff. Oh, the pressure... must knit to relieve the pressure...

Which brings me to today's topic--my knitting studio. Below is a picture of where the majority of my knitting is done.

That's the 9:10 a.m. out of Babylon to Penn Station (a little later than the train I usually take--I was tired this morning). I spend about two and a half hours on a day on the train, and what better way to pass the time than to knit!

This morning I was working on the Malabrigo arm sock. Here it is:

This was really just minutes after leaving Babylon. I worked on this for about a half hour, then switched to the pink and blue sock. For small projects like socks, hats, and baby clothes, the train is a great place to knit. Sweaters can present a problem. Straight needles longer than 10" are impossible to deal with when the train fills up (no flapping room, if ya know what I mean), so I try to either use circulars or just work on sleeves with shorter needles. And this turns out to be yet another rationalization for having multiple projects going at once--not everything will work on the train! (OK, I know it's a lame excuse, but just humor me, please?)

Well, that's all for now. I promise that future posts will have more pictures of my other current projects. I mean, look at that list over there--I really do have all that going on! Now I just gotta prove it to ya. G'night all!

No comments: