Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Go Army... and sockie

This morning we left Albany and headed south. Our first stop--a tour of West Point. The Thuja sock enjoyed the view along with the Elderhostelers.


Here's what they were all looking at:

Breathtaking, isn't it?

I didn't take many other pictures because I spent most of the tour knitting, as well as checking my e-mail on the CrackBlackBerry. (I know, I know, I should stop the work stuff on vacation.) I've got about another inch to go before I do the heel flap.

FYI... the pinks and browns on the Thuja sock seem to be drifting, so I'm not so worried about them looking really odd. See?

Pay no attention to that goofy big stitch in the picture on the right. I'll try to do something to minimize it.

Anyway, after West Point we stopped at Monmouth Battlefield for an hour (no pictures, I was doing tour work) and arrived in Philadelphia this evening.

Tomorrow... Valley Forge, Brandywine, and hopefully a heel flap!

No comments: