- Left Philadelphia this morning. (No pictures, was drinking much needed latte.)
- Our bus driver took us on an unplanned brief tour of Washington D.C., with a stop near the White House.
Thuja sock admiring Andrew Jackson Statue.
Note scary little green sniper guys on roof of the White House.
- Group got to see a protest march.
- Continued driving tour after protesters cleared.
- Drove through Alexandria on our way to Mount Vernon. Drove right past Knit Happens. (I won two skeins of their custom dyed sock yarn from Jess for knowing what EPCOT stands for.) I didn't have my camera handy to document this. So suckie.
- Couldn't get the bus driver to stop at Knit Happens. So very suckie.
- Went to Mount Vernon. Had lunch. Took only two garden photos. Here's one of them:
Swiss Chard in the kitchen garden.
The other picture looks about the same.