Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Getting back in the groove

Yeah, time to put up a post. Got lots to tell you. There's even some knitting. But for now I’ll get things started with this…

A Relationship Meme

I found this one here. Of course, this would have to be about Jim, my sweetheart…

1. Where did you meet?
The very first time we met was at my sister’s wedding--and he pissed me off! Some background… My sister got married to a fellow civil war reenactor and she had all these reenactors in period attire at the wedding and reception. They significantly outnumbered us modern day family folks. Anyway, Jim--who was there with his then-wife and son--did not wear period attire that day. At one point he was hanging out at the bar with the reenacting men. Dozens of them, all of them having some prehistoric male bonding toasting thing. I went up to the bar to get myself a drink and he proceeded to shoo me away so that they could continue to indulge in their stupid man ritual without any woman-folk around. Pissed me off big time! I guess you could say that I've gotten over it. Sort of.

2. How long did you date?
Geez, it’s been so long. Since his divorce--say maybe 8 years or something?

3. How old is he?
54. Yikes! I can’t possibly be dating some 54 year old guy!!!

4. Who eats more?
He does.

5. Who said “I love you” first?
I think it was me, but I really can’t remember. I do know that I still get little butterflies in my stomach when he says it to me.

6. Who is taller?
He is.

7. Who sings better?
Me, especially with a few drinks in me. (And those years in choir didn’t hurt either.) He's not really a musical guy, but he doesn't scare animals away either.

8. Who is smarter?
I can’t say. We’re both smart in different ways.

9. Whose temper is worse?
Neither one of us really has a temper, but I guess if it came down to it it might be him?

10. Who does the laundry?
Mostly me.

11. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
Me. Always.

12. Who pays the bills?
Both of us.

13. Who cooks dinner?
Both of us.

14. Who drives when you are together?
It depends on whose car we’re in. Whoever owns the car.

15. Who is more stubborn?
Maybe him.

16. Who kissed whom first?
He kissed me first. I can still remember it vividly.

17. Who is the first to admit to being wrong?
Probably him.

18. Whose parents do you see the most?
When we’re together, we see his parents the most. (It’s the geography.)

19. Who proposed?
He did. Twice. Several years apart. Even though we had talked about it, it still came as a surprise to me. Especially the second time—two years ago on Christmas Eve with a “placeholder” emerald ring!

20. What’s his best physical attribute?
I’d have to say it's his puppy dog brown eyes. And then his butt. :-)

21. Who has more friends?
I don’t know. He knows way more people than me.

22. What are you most proud of him for?
There's lots of stuff, but I'd have to say that it's the work he does as a history lecturer with Elderhostel and school kids. I always say that he does the good work, and I work for the corporate slugs.

23. Who has more siblings?
Me. I’ve got two. He’s an only child.

24. Who wears the pants in the family?
Both of us, whenever we have to, and neither of us when we don't. We have a great partnership. I wouldn’t want it any other way.

So, consider yourself tagged, if you’re so inclined to do memes.

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

You and Jim make a great couple!