Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Tink-a-little, Knit-a-lot

Hey--I'm actually making some progress here!


I love the way that the color is interacting with the stitch pattern! Since the colors remind me of a mountain stream, I wanted something that would compliment the look of water.

I think this really does look like moving water!

By the way, the little bits of pinky red that you see--those are my lifelines. I'm putting them in where the pattern changes from k2tog to ssk. Those first rows after the change seem to be the hardest to keep straight. Overall, though, I'm finding it easier to keep track of.

In other knitting news, look what was waiting for me at home tonight...

Maybe look a little closer...

Woo-hoo! A Sock Club Shipment!! Really unexpected this time around--the way it's supposed to be!!! After the ordeal of the last two shipments, I was really beginning to wonder if these would ever be a surprise, or just a continuous nightmare of shipping delays and tiptoeing through the blogsphere to avoid sock spoilage. I saw a couple of postings on the Rockin' Sock Blog, but nothing that would raise my expectations.

And about this month's shipment? I really love it, and that's all I'm going to say. I'm not going to spoil it for anyone else. You can look here and here if you want to see, but I'm not posting anything in a blog post until all the shipments are out there.

But Punkin will see it this weekend. She'll probably try to covet it, I bet. Ain't happening.

Of course, she could just place another order with BMFA...

2 comments:

Joanne a/k/a Punkin said...

That's what friends are for! What's yours is mine!! You have so much sock yarn, you wouldn't even miss it. Poor me, only 7 or so balls of yarn sitting all alone in a bag and you have as much as the store!

Anonymous said...

oh that pattern is so cool!!!