Saturday, June 16, 2007

Knit-a-little, Tink-a-lot

I've been working on a new pair of socks using my handpainted yarn from Charlene Schurch's class at Webs last month. Punkin helped me pick out the pattern from More Sensational Knitted Socks. (Only fitting, since Charlene taught me how to handpaint, don't you think?)


Not much to see, huh? Well, if it hadn't been for all of the tinking (like, a quarter of it) there'd be more here. (My fault. It's lace. I'm new to lace. I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have...) I actually wound up tinking it back to the cuff after I took this picture, but this time I put a lifeline in and I think I'm going to put them in periodically throughout the leg until I get the hang of this lace thing.
Anyway, this is Scrolls (8-stitch pattern, balanced). I'll get a better picture of it in daylight and post soon. I promise.




1 comment:

Joan said...

I'd rather take a tink than a frog any day. ;-p