Monday, February 13, 2006

Olympic knitting update

Friday, February 10th



Training Gauge knitting is done. Materials are gathered. It's time to frog the gauge swatch and prepare to cast on. Let the games begin!

Saturday, February 11th--11:30 a.m.



Stitches were cast on after the flame is lit, and I attempt the Magic Loop with some practice yarn--successfully!

Saturday, February 11th--9:30 p.m.

I begin the Vesper sock with Magic Loop. I wind up with this giant gap. (What the @#$^#?) Two rows later, after an unsuccessful attempt to close the gap, I frog the sock. I then cast on, frog, cast on, frog... many, many times. After lord knows how many attempts, I decide that I'm just too tired for this tonight and I should probably just get a good night's sleep.

Sunday, February 12th

After a good night's sleep... Success!

Of course, a cupcake helps to provide energy some much needed energy.

I'm really liking the Magic Loop!

Monday, February 13th

The sock enjoys watching an interview with Kelly Clark...

...as well as the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.

There's just too much on T.V. tonight...

4 comments:

Carole Knits said...

Looks good!

Anonymous said...

Looking great - TV time is great for power knitting.

Anonymous said...

Looks great so far!

Mia said...

Hi there,
Yes, looks good! Love the color... but can I ask... are you getting much of a "ladder" with the magic loop? I'm new to socks, tried out the magic loop and I thought I liked it.. but I could NOT quit making HUGE ladders.. so I went back to good ole DPNS and things seem to be going better... but then again, ya never know!