Sunday, November 30, 2008

Less knitting, more spinning

What's more mindless than a stockinette sock? Why, a little spindle spinning...


My new Grafton Fibers FiberShip, purchased at Foxfire Fiber's Open Studio/Barn event on Saturday. (The fiber I'm spinning on it is some of the Jacob that I had left from Rhinebeck.)

This weekend I finished spinning up the BFL that I bought at Rhinebeck. Slowly but surely my spinning is getting more even. See...



That's 3.3 ounces of singles there. Spun with my Golding Tsunami, which I have renamed The Big Kahuna (all 1.9 ounces). I'll have to see what the yardage is, but I'm pretty sure it's around 70-80 or so.


What am I going to knit with it? I have no idea. Right now it just really pretty to look at and touch.


Oh well, time to catch some sleep. More on my visit to Foxfire Fibers later...

1 comment:

Joanne a/k/a Punkin said...

Oooh! That came out nice! Gotta ply it now...!