- At work we're dealing with an editorial "perfect storm" of sorts. The-book-that-shall-remain-nameless is back in full force for a revision. At the same time we got hit with another title, that we will call the-book-that-gets-no-respect. It's higher revenue, but doesn't have outside authors, which is much easier to manage. Anyway, these simultaneous revisions are wrecking havoc with everyone on the staff. One more week and we'll be done.
- I started two more paralegal classes this past Saturday. I'm still working on the final assignments for the research class and I haven't gotten very far with the reading assignments for the new classes. Not a good sign.
- My personal laptop died while I was up at Moose Manor over the holidays. Prognosis is not good. Doesn't look like my files got fried, but I'm gonna have to buy a new one. Really didn't plan on that. (Glad I had brought my work laptop with me up there.)
- DSL has finally come to my little Vermont village. Now I'm working on a transition plan for Jim so that we can abandon dial-up and hop onto the Internet super highway. (I'll be able to post higher quality pictures from there without tying up the phones for 5 hours!)
- I went to Knit Night at my LYS tonight. It was the first time that I knit since DECEMBER 20TH! Yeah. There's just been that much going on. Sucks, doesn't it?
So that's it for now. Still have to tell you about the fabulous Christmas gift from Jim and a little Vermont initiation rite of sorts that I experienced last week. Still not entirely comical, but it will be. Next time...
Hope everyone's new year is off to a great start!