Thursday, March 08, 2007

The good, the bad, and the ugly

With props to Carole for the concept, here's my week's good, bad, and ugly...

Good: Remember Wednesday's whiny rant about the prospect of schlepping back and forth from library through the bitter cold? Well, my teacher cancelled the library visit because of the bitter cold! He was afraid that he might lose some people on the way back to the classroom. I told him he was a very good person for sparing us--regardless of the reason. A very good thing!

Bad: After class, the bus ran late, so I really cut it really close getting back to the train station. Seriously. I got there 30 seconds before the train arrived. But I did make my train. However...

Ugly: A train ride I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Picture this: the station only has platform space for four cars, my train has eight cars; first four cars platform, I generally sit in the back of train (makes for a shorter walk to my car). So I board the fourth car. Fourth car has a bathroom (every other car has a bathroom). A malfunctioning bathroom--which is located at the other end of the car. I head towards the back of the train. The next bathroom car--even more malfunctioning. Three out of four cars--seriously disgusting cars. The cars without bathrooms? Standing room only. So very, very ugly.

Fortunately, that was really the only ugly part of the week...

Good: Progress is being made on the red sock. Gusset decreases are done, I'm in the homestretch now!

Bad: The first shipment from the Rockin' Sock Club hasn't arrived yet. I'm bummed. On the blog, Tina said everyone should have their kits by Friday. Even if mine arrives tomorrow, I won't get to see it until I get home late Tuesday night. I'm really bummed!

Good: Friday night I'm heading north for a long weekend with my sweetie--and get our taxes done. But at least I get to see my beloved and spend time in our house!

Oh well, gotta go pack now. Later, Gator!

3 comments:

Carole Knits said...

The STR package will make coming back to NY bearable, at least. Have fun with Jim this weekend.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to fondle your STR yarn. I am very disturbed by the weather pixie, she doesn't own a coat, it's sad, but true. Have fun doing taxes. I smell refund!

Anonymous said...

ugh, don't even say STR to me at this point. Being one of the last to receive my package has really sucked the fun out of it for me - also seeing the colorway by accident on not one but THREE blogs has me not happy, too.

*grumble*